About Rotary Club
Hello and Welcome to Rotary Club of Bali Canggu.
We are a group of like minded people who offer service to the community. We are a small yet active group who are vibrant and passionate about serving the local Canggu community and beyond.
Our club revolves around two themes - fellowship and projects.
Our most recent project is assisting Rotary Club of Wauchope from District 9650 in Australia to renovate The Salam Children's School in Tabanan. Bali. Providing four new bathrooms a new septic tank and new steps.
Previous projects include:
• Our famous ‘Nippers’ programme every Sunday morning at Batu Bolong Beach, where children aged 4-14 learn about beach safety, swim lessons and teamwork.
• Our School Waste Management program, working together with Eco Bali, teaches children in Canggu’s 11 elementary schools how to reduce, reuse and recycle.
• We sponsor 2 Interact clubs these enthusiastic young people are the Rotarians of the future. Probably the most notable of these are the famous ‘Bye Bye Plastic Bags’ team, who aim to make Bali free of the plastic bags that litter our beaches and help restore it to the island paradise it once was.
• Environmental projects are popular with our membership. In 2017 we launched an organic composting project together with our friends at Rotary Club of Bali Taman, to teach local residents how to compost their domestic food waste and even sell the resulting compost, or grow their own crops, which in turn can be composted, reducing the huge amount of waste going to landfill every week.
• ‘Project Helmet Man’ was another exciting Club initiative where we assisted with coordinating the sponsorship, manufacture and distribution for free of helmets for kindergarten children in South Bali. Every child (and adult for that matter!) in Bali on a motorbike should be wearing a securely fastened helmet to reduce the tragic incidence of totally avoidable serious head injuries.
• Our Water Tanks & Sanitation project in 2016 worked together with Wake Water to install 26 water tanks in Kubu, Karangasem in the northeast of Bali, where villagers suffer from a chronic shortage of water during the dry season and children can get sick from drinking dirty water. Each of our tanks holds 3400 litres of drinking water collected by natural rainfall and provides enough to last a family of 5 through the dry season.
We would love to see you at one of our meetings, which are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Tugu Hotel at the end of Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong.
We gather at 6pm for fellowship and the meeting begins at 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
As well as meeting like minded people and learning about our Club projects, you can enjoy our guest speakers and finish the evening chatting to members, visiting Rotarians and guests over a cold beer or three at the beach bar nearby.
Yours in Rotary - Mark Savage (President)
Rotary is an organisation of leaders from diverse backgrounds, who are united worldwide to provide humanitarian service, encourage integrity in all vocations, and build friendships and peace in the world.
The main objective of Rotary is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world. Clubs service projects address many of today’s most critical issues, such as children at risk, poverty and hunger, the environment, illiteracy, and violence.
Rotary’s programmes are developing the next generation of leaders, providing funding to make the world a better place, and making peace a priority. And our programmes are not just for club members. Come and learn how you can make a difference in the community through Rotary Bali Canggu.More Details
The history of Rotary International in Indonesia dated back to 1927, however Rotary activities stopped because the second world war in 1942, and again for the second time on 23rd February 1961, when Rotary activities were prohibited by President Sukarno's Government. Since 1966 Rotary in Indonesia was again proved by the Suharto and became the current District D3410 & D3420.More Details
Calendar for Club Meetings & Events
We try to feature a new speaker during each of our meeting on the topics of interest to Rotarians, e.g. our environment and general subjects. We strive to provide an excellent programme to keep our members and visiting guests informed and enlightened.
Our guest speakers this week are Brad Moreland and his wife Twone, they will present their new business Bali Beach Wheels. Their vision is to make Bali more accessible for the disabled holiday makers and the local communities by using their Hippocampe Beach & All-Terrain Wheel Chair.
OUR AWESOME PROJECTS
Our mission is to generate global good through local service in the greater Canggu community, focusing on education, kids and environment care; to build community; to lead by example; and to bond in mutual support.
Meet our Members
Rotary Club of Bali Canggu was chartered on 17th March, 2011 at The Tugu Hotel Batu Bolong. Today we stand 14 members strong. All actively participating in club and outside of club in various activities in their communities. We represent 10 countries and 5 decades in age.
As managing director of Indohomes, and a past president of Rotary Club of Bali Seminyak, Mark brings a wealth of experience to our club. He is motivated to help those in need, particularly children, individuals and families facing the double burden of poverty and illness or disability.
Tricia’s creativity makes Nagicia Jewellery sparkle. She, her son and loving dog live in Pererenan and like to walk and leave the car at home. They hope they can work together to make life better for kids, grownups, dogs and other living things. Their hopes are matched with action. You’ll see them out with sleeves rolled up, all over the island.
Aleks brings impressive communications and organisational skills to Rotary Canggu, developed and tested over the years in occupations which cover the spectrum from executive producer for TV reality shows, interior designer and producer as well as shop owner. Aleksandra is an ardent art lover, and as a painter herself, has participated in several exhibitions.
A Rotarian for 14 years, Patricia has served in most club positions from SAA to Club President of both RC Bali Seminyak and RC Bali Canggu. Patricia, with experience in project management and teaching - together with a passion for art and interior design - brings plentiful knowledge, organizational & leadership skills to support RCBC’s work in community projects throughout Bali and beyond.
While overseeing both Hotel Tugu Bali and Tugu Lombok, Lucienne enjoys pursuing her passions for design, music, and local culture. She has collaboratively designed innovative spaces inspired by Indonesian and Peranakan traditions, and enjoys making Tugu a “home base” for local and global community gatherings.
With more than 28 years of design & entrepreneurial experience, she came to Bali and made her mark with unique designs and colourful clothing for both men and women, in the belief that we all deserve to live better and healthier lives. Klara is hoping to leave her mark also in dealing with both environmental and humanitarian issues on the island.
I am Australian and have been living in Bali for 13 years. I’ve been a member of Rotary Canggu since its inception 8 years ago. I have three children and 2 grandchildren all in Australia and frequently commute to see them. I am a high school teacher with a bachelor of science degree. I have always really enjoyed teaching and have done some volunteer English teaching here. I love dancing salsa, exercising, painting and studying Indonesian as well as traveling.
Being an enthusiastic individual motivated by the process of educating and training others, my previous experience demanded excellent organization and preparation skills, first rate inter personal abilities and accurate and effective assessment of staff’s requirements and qualifications. With a valuable experience of working independently and for companies in both Norway and Indonesia, I am now looking for further challenges on my quest to “make a difference” in Indonesia’s most complex changes through Rotary Canggu Other key attributes include strong communication skills, organizational proficiency and a proven track record in achieving set goals.
Our sponsors and partners
We meet on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Tugu Hotel, at around 6pm for fellowship and the meeting begins at 6:30pm to 7:30pm. Rp 100,000 covers first drink and Canapés. Please come and join us.
Rotary Club of Bali Canggu
District 3420, Club Number 83740
Hotel Tugu Bali, Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong, Canggu
Bali 80361, Indonesia