This Policy describes the types of data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website RotaryCanggu.org (our "Website"), join our club, use our services, or participate in our programmes. It also describes our policies and practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that data.
Please note that supplementary rules apply in relation to individuals whose data we collect if they are located in the European Union or European Economic Area. (We would be pleased to direct you to EU Privacy Notice if so required.)
This Policy applies to personal data we collect:
- On our Website
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy
- Through our club, our Rotary district, and partner organisations when you become a member
- When you sign up for and/or attend any events that we host
- When you interact with us in another way, for example, contacting us with an enquiry
Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of personal data, including:
- Data by which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, email address, or telephone number ("personal data") and/or
- Data about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details
We collect data from:
- Users of our Website
- Members of the Rotary Club of Bali Canggu and our Rotaract club
- People who attend our events
- People who participate in our programmes
We collect this data:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically, as you navigate through the Website (data collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies)
- From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf, such as event organisers, travel service providers (used by the Rotary International Travel Service, or RITS), payment processing services, email marketing services, and software providers; these service providers may change, or new service providers may be added without notice to you
- From our sister clubs, districts, including multidistrict organisations, and partners in our global network
- From publicly available resources
Data You Provide to Us
We collect data you provide when you interact with our Website or when dealing with our website or our network offline. That data includes:
- Personal data that you provide by making an enquiry of Rotary Club or joining as a member or enquiry related to Rotaract club; this includes data provided when registering through our website.
- Personal data you provide when participating in services available on our Website
- Personal data you provide when posting material on our Website
- Personal data you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us
- Personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Website
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email, social media posts, and other electronic messages), if you contact us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Your registration to attend and/or participate in our events
- Personal data you provide when making a donation
- Personal data you provide when submitting applications, for example, for grants, fellowships, or scholarships
- Biographical or other data you provide to us for display on our member section
- Your search queries on our Website
Features that are developed in the future may result in the collection of additional new personal data.
You also may provide data to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such data by signing in to your account profile, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
When you are not signed in to our website as a registered member, the data collected in this way is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content, and usage patterns
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our Website
When you are signed in as a member account, we collect usage data that is tied to your individual account. This data is collected for the purposes of improving site functionality and tailoring site behavior and content to you, and we process such personal data in accordance with the remainder of this Policy.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To offer and fulfill our core business purposes, which include:
- Fulfilling Rotary's obligation to Rotarians and other individuals
- Financial processing
- Supporting The Rotary Foundation, including fundraising efforts
- Facilitating convention and special event planning
- Communicating key organisational messages through our club publications and other materials
- Supporting the programs and membership of Rotary International
- Complying with any legal obligations
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the personal data
- For any other purpose where we have your consent
We may also use your data to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. Rotary confirms that it will not sell or trade its membership data without the prior approval of the Rotary International Board of Directors. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you may opt out of these contacts by notifying us. For more information, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data section.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated data about our users, and data that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data section.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the data
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rotary, Rotarians, Rotary Club of Bali Canggu, Rotary District 3420, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your data:
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, for some third-party advertisers you can opt out by signing in to our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, for some third parties' products or services, you can opt out by signing in to our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may email us asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Rotary Foundation Donor Privacy Personal Data
Rotary will not sell, trade, or share a Rotary Foundation donor's personal data, including their name, phone number, email, or physical address, with non-Rotary entities, nor will it send donors mailings on behalf of other unrelated organizations. This policy applies to all donor data received by Rotary, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communication. Rotary occasionally uses third-party vendors to manage and process donor data. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality agreements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may access and correct your data using the following methods:
- When you are a registered user on this Website, sign in to our Website and visit your account profile page.
- Email email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal data that you have provided to us.
We may choose not to accommodate a request to change or delete data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the data to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 without parental consent. No one under age 16 may provide any personal data to or on our Website. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any personal data on our Website or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or provide any personal data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that personal data. If you believe we might have any personal data from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration, and disclosure. When developing new or enhancing existing systems and processes, we implements appropriate data protection throughout our data processing operations. All personal data you provide to us is stored on password-protected databases on our secure servers behind firewalls and we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that the transmission of sensitive data for payments and contributions is encrypted and appropriately safeguarded. We as Rotarians are aware of the importance of data security and focus specifically on practices for protecting against unauthorised disclosure of personal data. We have a documented incident response plan for promptly acting upon events that violate security or privacy policies, should they occur, and this plan is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
The safety and security of your personal data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords registered with our Website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal data. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out personal data in public areas of our Website. The personal data you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website or over any public network. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Without prejudice to any mandatory legal obligations to which we may be subject, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
We at Rotary Club of Bali Canggu may change, add, modify or remove portions of this Policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the policy. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes. By continuing to use our Website, maintain your membership in our club, use our services, or participate in our programmes, you agree to any changes in the Policy.
If you have any questions about our privacy protection practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last modified: 17thMarch 2019