About Our Club
Hello and Welcome to Rotary Club of Bali Canggu.
We are a group of like minded people who offer service to the community. We are a small yet active group who are vibrant and passionate about serving the local Canggu community and beyond.
Our club revolves around two themes - fellowship and projects.
Our most recent project is assisting Rotary Club of Wauchope from District 9650 in Australia to renovate The Salam Children's School in Tabanan. Bali. Providing four new bathrooms a new septic tank and new steps.
Previous projects include:
• Our famous ‘Nippers’ programme every Sunday morning at Batu Bolong Beach, where children aged 4-14 learn about beach safety, swim lessons and teamwork.
• Our School Waste Management program, working together with Eco Bali, teaches children in Canggu’s 11 elementary schools how to reduce, reuse and recycle.
• We sponsor 2 Interact clubs these enthusiastic young people are the Rotarians of the future. Probably the most notable of these are the famous ‘Bye Bye Plastic Bags’ team, who aim to make Bali free of the plastic bags that litter our beaches and help restore it to the island paradise it once was.
• Environmental projects are popular with our membership. In 2017 we launched an organic composting project together with our friends at Rotary Club of Bali Taman, to teach local residents how to compost their domestic food waste and even sell the resulting compost, or grow their own crops, which in turn can be composted, reducing the huge amount of waste going to landfill every week.
• ‘Project Helmet Man’ was another exciting Club initiative where we assisted with coordinating the sponsorship, manufacture and distribution for free of helmets for kindergarten children in South Bali. Every child (and adult for that matter!) in Bali on a motorbike should be wearing a securely fastened helmet to reduce the tragic incidence of totally avoidable serious head injuries.
• Our Water Tanks & Sanitation project in 2016 worked together with Wake Water to install 26 water tanks in Kubu, Karangasem in the northeast of Bali, where villagers suffer from a chronic shortage of water during the dry season and children can get sick from drinking dirty water. Each of our tanks holds 3400 litres of drinking water collected by natural rainfall and provides enough to last a family of 5 through the dry season.
We would love to see you at one of our meetings, which are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Tugu Hotel at the end of Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong.
We gather at 6pm for fellowship and the meeting begins at 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
As well as meeting like minded people and learning about our Club projects, you can enjoy our guest speakers and finish the evening chatting to members, visiting Rotarians and guests over a cold beer or three at the beach bar nearby.
Yours in Rotary - Mark Savage (President)
Rotary is an organisation of business and professional people united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Service projects of Rotary Clubs address many of today’s most critical issues, such as children at risk, poverty and hunger, the environment, illiteracy, and violence.
These principles have been developed over the years to provide Rotarians with a strong, common purpose and direction. They serve as a foundation for our relationships with each other and the action we take in the world.More Details
Rotary’s programmes are developing the next generation of leaders, providing funding to make the world a better place, and making peace a priority. And our programmes are not just for club members. Come and learn how you can make a difference in the community through Rotary Club of Bali Canggu.More Details
The history of Rotary International in Indonesia dated back to 1927, however Rotary activities stopped because of the second world war in 1942, and again for the second time on 23rd February 1961, when Rotary activities were prohibited by President Sukarno's Government. Since 1966 Rotary in Indonesia was again approved by the Suharto and became the current District D3410 & D3420.More Details
Calendar for Club Meetings & Events
With the impact of the global COVID-19 crisis, we are closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the local health authority in Bali to ensure the safest and most appropriate actions are taken by our members. Therefore all our meetings will be conducted virtually.
Consider giving to help us with our Permaculture Project to provide sustainable organic farming in Bali, and our food bank drive to provide local families that lost their job with much needed food.
OUR AWESOME PROJECTS
Our mission is to generate global good through local service in the greater Canggu community, focusing on education, kids and environment care; to build community; to lead by example; and to bond in mutual support.
Wells in Western Sumba
- Water Sanitation -
- Environment -
- Access to Potable Water -
- Kodi Belagar Sumba
su-re.co Climate Field School
- Coffee & Cacao Farmers -
- Awareness on climate change -
- Reduces vulnerability -
- Climate Smart Agriculture
Meet our Members
Rotary Club of Bali Canggu was chartered on 17th March, 2011 at The Tugu Hotel Batu Bolong. Today we stand 12 members strong. All actively participating in club and outside of club in various activities in their communities. We represent 6 countries and 8 various vocations.
As managing director of Indohomes, and a past president of Rotary Club of Bali Seminyak, Mark brings a wealth of experience to our club. He is motivated to help those in need, particularly children, individuals and families facing the double burden of poverty and illness or disability.
Dr. Claus Bogh has a PhD in Vector Borne Diseases and has worked on Malaria & Filariasis research in Africa for 5 years. Dr. Bogh served as senior advisor on Vector Borne Diseases to the Indonesian Ministry of Health from 2001-4 and has been Health Program Director for Sumba Foundation (Indonesian/American NGO based in NTT) since 2004 and advisor for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation since 2009. Dr. Bogh has been a Rotarian for 11 years & one of our founding members.
While overseeing both Hotel Tugu Bali and Tugu Lombok, Lucienne enjoys pursuing her passions for design, music, and local culture. She has collaboratively designed innovative spaces inspired by Indonesian and Peranakan traditions, and enjoys making Tugu a “home base” for local and global community gatherings.
I am Australian and have been living in Bali for 13 years. I’ve been a member of Rotary Canggu since its inception 8 years ago. I have three children and 2 grandchildren all in Australia and frequently commute to see them. I am a high school teacher with a bachelor of science degree. I have always really enjoyed teaching and have done some volunteer English teaching here. I love dancing salsa, exercising, painting and studying Indonesian as well as traveling.
I retired to Bali from Australia 4 years ago after many years working in retail and customer care. My skills are very practical and I enjoy finding solutions. I enjoy quilting and sewing and am passionate about dogs. I have spent the last few months supporting a young woman here in prison and look forward to future community involvement helping people less fortunate than myself.
Vonny lived in Germany but in 2012 she moved back to Indonesia. She chose Bali to continue her passion in fashion industry. Her interest in mindfulness self-management and positive thinking life style brings her to be a certified yoga teacher. She loves animals, music, art and sport to keep her active. She also enjoys the art of helping and cares for the people.
Our sponsors and partners
We meet on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Tugu Hotel, at around 6pm for fellowship and the meeting begins at 6:30pm to 7:30pm. Rp 100,000 covers first drink and Canapés. Please come and join us.
Rotary Club of Bali Canggu
District 3420, Club Number 83740
Bank BNI (Bank Negara Indonesia)
Account number : 8113999992 (IDR)
Account name : Perkumpulan Rotary Bali Canggu
Bank address : Renon, Denpasar - Bali
SWIFT Code : BNINIDJARNN